Northamptonshire Record OfficeEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
E-mail: Please use the online Archive Service Enquiry Form
- Northamptonshire Record Office
Wootton Hall Park
Hours and holidays: T-Th 9-5; Fri 9-4; 1st Sat of each month 9-4
Directions, maps, and public transportation: accessible by car, bus, and taxi. For further details, see: How to find Northamptonshire Record Office.
Internet sites and databases:
- Marriage Licence Card Index (mainly Northamptonshire and Rutland residents)
- Parish registers and printed transcripts
- Poor Law records
- There are no entrance fees
- CARN card is required for admission
- An Archive Research Service is available for a fee
- Digital cameras are permitted; cameras must be registered at the price of £5.50 per day or £15.00 per week
- Laptops are permitted, but you must hire a circuit breaker for £2.00 per day, or £5.00 per week
Several guides to the record office's collections are available on their website:
- Adoption records
- Anglican parish registers
- Black History
- Cemetery records
- Electoral registers
- Non-Conformist registers
- Police records
- Poor Law unions - workhouses
- Prison and Reform School records
- Leicestershire, Leicester, and Rutland Record Office, Wigston Magna
- Northamptonshire Family History Society Library, Wellingborough Museum, Wellingborough
- ↑ 'Opening times for the Northamptonshire Record Office,' Northamptonshire County Council, http://www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/en/councilservices/Community/archives/Pages/Openingtimes.aspx, accessed 19 February 2014.
- This page was last modified on 26 February 2014, at 22:32.
- This page has been accessed 497 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki