Northamptonshire Record OfficeEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
E-mail: Please use the online Archive Service Enquiry Form
- Northamptonshire Record Office
Wootton Hall Park
Hours and holidays: T-Th 9-5; Fri 9-4; 1st Sat of each month 9-4
Directions, maps, and public transportation: accessible by car, bus, and taxi. For further details, see: How to find Northamptonshire Record Office.
Internet sites and databases:
- Marriage Licence Card Index (mainly Northamptonshire and Rutland residents)
- Parish registers and printed transcripts
- Poor Law records
- There are no entrance fees
- CARN card is required for admission
- An Archive Research Service is available for a fee
- Digital cameras are permitted; cameras must be registered at the price of £5.50 per day or £15.00 per week
- Laptops are permitted, but you must hire a circuit breaker for £2.00 per day, or £5.00 per week
Several guides to the record office's collections are available on their website:
- Adoption records
- Anglican parish registers
- Black History
- Cemetery records
- Electoral registers
- Non-Conformist registers
- Police records
- Poor Law unions - workhouses
- Prison and Reform School records
- Leicestershire, Leicester, and Rutland Record Office, Wigston Magna
- Northamptonshire Family History Society Library, Wellingborough Museum, Wellingborough
- ↑ 'Opening times for the Northamptonshire Record Office,' Northamptonshire County Council, http://www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/en/councilservices/Community/archives/Pages/Openingtimes.aspx, accessed 19 February 2014.
- This page was last modified on 26 February 2014, at 22:32.
- This page has been accessed 1,022 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More