Northrepps, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Northrepps, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Erpingham PLU|
|Parish registers: 1558|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1691|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
REPPS, NORTH (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Erpingham, hundred of North Erpingham, E. division of Norfolk, 3 miles (S. S. E.) from Cromer. 
Northrepps St Mary is an Ancient Parish in the Diocese of Norwich.
The present church was built in the 1520's but has several Norman windows.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Erpingham 1837-1938
- North Walsham 1939-1974
- The Register Office, 18 Kings Arms Street, North Walsham, NR28 9JX.
Tel/Fax: 01692 406220. E-mail: email@example.com
Northrepps, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Northrepps, Norfolk Online Parish Records|
A search of the FamilySearch Catalogue identifies the following Archdeacon's transcripts:
| Baptisms, burials and marriages 1725-1812
|| FHL BRITISH Film |
1526816 Item 14
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438853.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Northrepps on GenUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 655-659. Date accessed: 30 April 2013.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- This page was last modified on 30 November 2014, at 06:26.
- This page has been accessed 1,288 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More