Norway Record Selection TableEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The table below can help you decide which records to search.
- In column 1 find the goal you selected.
- In column 2 find the types of records that are most likely to have the information you need.
- Column 3 lists those types of records that may also be useful.
Records containing previous research (biography, genealogy, history, nobility, periodicals, and societies) could provide useful information for most goals. These are listed repeatedly when they are especially helpful for a goal.
| The terms used in columns 2 and 3 are the same as the subject headings used in many Wiki articles and in the Locality section of the FamilySearch Catalog.|
Find an article in this Wiki by searching for "Norway" and the type of record you found in columns 2 or 3.
|1. If You Need||2. Look First In||3. Then Search|
Census (1865 and later)
|Parents, children, and other family members|
|Parish, district, and county boundaries|
|Places of residence|
|Previous research (compiled genealogy)|
- This page was last modified on 18 July 2014, at 22:49.
- This page has been accessed 1,100 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki