Norwich St Gregory, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Norwich St Gregory, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Norwich St Gregory, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Norwich PLU|
|Parish registers: 1571|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1630|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Norwich St Gregory Pottergate is an Ancient Parish within the city and Diocese of Norwich.
It was declared redundant and is in the care of the Norwich Historic Churches Trust.
Norwich, parl. and mun. bor., city, co. town of Norfolk, and co. in itself, on river Wensum, 20 miles W. of Yarmouth and 114 NE. of London by rail, 7472 ac.
Norwich St Gregory, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|FS PRs = England, Norfolk, Parish Registers, 1538-1900 (FamilySearch) - free|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|TIN = Tinstaafl Transcripts - free|
|Norwich St Gregory, Norfolk Parish Online Records|
Civil Registration Districts
- registration events post 1837 may be searched online at Free BMD
Poor Law Unions
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438869.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
England Jurisdictions 1851
•Vision of Britain
For historic photographs of the features of this church http://www.georgeplunkett.co.uk
- ↑ John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles, 1887. Date accessed: 27 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Norfolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 4 November 2014, at 22:23.
- This page has been accessed 1,069 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page