Norwich St Margaret, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Norwich St Margaret, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records
|Norwich St Margaret, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Norwich PLU|
|Parish registers: 1559|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1608|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Norwich St Margaret de Westwick is one of four mediaeval churches in close proximity on St Benedict Street. The church was closed in 1975, and the furnishings dispersed to other churches. Its current use is as an exhibition space, which enable the proportions to be appreciated.
Norwich St Margaret, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|FS PRs = England, Norfolk, Parish Registers, 1538-1900 (FamilySearch) - free|
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|NTA = Norfolk Transcription Archive - free|
|Norwich St Margaret, Norfolk Online Parish Records|
Norfolk Record Office has separate deposited register series for each parish.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438869.
Poor Law Unions
- Norwich Poor Law Union
- See also England Norfolk Poor Law Union Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Norfolk Poor Law Unions
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- ↑ Norfolk Transcription Archive, accessed 15 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 30 November 2014, at 06:26.
- This page has been accessed 984 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page