Norwich St Peter Southgate, Norfolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Norwich St Peter Southgate, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Norwich PLU|
|Parish registers: 1558|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1630|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Norwich St Peter at Southgate is an Ancient parish in the city and Diocese of Norwich.
This church was used for services until a few years before its demolition in 1887. It consisted of a nave, chancel,north chapel, south porch and a square west tower in which were three bells. Anciently known as St Peter de Bither, it was founded before 1217 but appears to have been rebuilt. All that now remains is the lower part of the tower with a brick Tudor arch.
Norwich, parl. and mun. bor., city, co.town of Norfolk, and co. in itself, on river Wensum, 20 miles W. of Yarmouth and 114 NE. of London by rail, 7472 ac.
Norwich St Peter Southgate, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|FS PRs = England, Norfolk, Parish Registers, 1538-1900 (FamilySearch) - free|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|Norwich St Peter Southgate, Norfolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Civil Registration Districts
- registration events post 1837 may be searched online at Free BMD
Poor Law Unions
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438869.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
•Vision of Britain
http://www.georgeplunkett.co.uk for historic photographs of the ruins of the church
- ↑ John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles, 1887. Date accessed: 27 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Norfolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 March 2014.
- This page was last modified on 28 May 2015, at 02:37.
- This page has been accessed 2,133 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News