Oakland California FamilySearch Library/CatalogEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
ANNOUNCING A MAJOR CHANGE
- The CATALOG of the Oakland FamilySearch Library is MOVING!
Our catalog is being migrated to its new home at familysearch.org>Search>Catalog
Under “Search these Family History Centers” select Oakland California FamilySearch Library
The new catalog will allow patrons to:
- Search by Places, Surnames, Titles, Authors, Subjects or Keywords
- Broaden a search to other local Family History Centers or to the holdings of the Family History Library in Salt Lake City
- Have a direct link to the growing collection of online resources at FamilySearch.org and elsewhere
Link to the new FamilySearch Catalog (all microfilms, microfiche and 50% of the books):Link
Link to an Introduction to the FamilySearch Catalog:Link
|4766 Lincoln Avenue|
|Tue-Wed: 10:00 am – 9 pm|
Thu-Sat: 10:00 am – 4 pm
- The Oakland California Family History Center has several resources of local interest. These resources include the following:
- Alameda County Obituary Card File 1985-2002 - An aphabetical card file containing more than 35,000 obituaries clipped from Alameda County newspapers (95 % from the "Alameda Times Star")
- California Mission Records - Microfilmed copies of original mission records dating from the 1770s to the early 1900s
- Growing Collection of California County Vital Records, Deed and Probate Indexes
- Growing Collection of Church Records from the Azores
- Records of Births, Marriages and Deaths from Tonga - These typescript copies of vital records in Tonga date from the late 1860's to 1942
- This page was last modified on 21 July 2014, at 16:44.
- This page has been accessed 5,280 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More