Oakland California FamilySearch Library/CatalogEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
ANNOUNCING A MAJOR CHANGE
- The CATALOG of the Oakland FamilySearch Library is MOVING!
Our catalog is being migrated to its new home at familysearch.org>Search>Catalog
Under “Search these Family History Centers” select Oakland California FamilySearch Library
The new catalog will allow patrons to:
- Search by Places, Surnames, Titles, Authors, Subjects or Keywords
- Broaden a search to other local Family History Centers or to the holdings of the Family History Library in Salt Lake City
- Have a direct link to the growing collection of online resources at FamilySearch.org and elsewhere
Link to the new FamilySearch Catalog (all microfilms, microfiche and 50% of the books):Link
Link to an Introduction to the FamilySearch Catalog:Link
|4766 Lincoln Avenue|
|Tue-Wed: 10:00 am – 9 pm|
Thu-Sat: 10:00 am – 4 pm
- The Oakland California Family History Center has several resources of local interest. These resources include the following:
- Alameda County Obituary Card File 1985-2002 - An aphabetical card file containing more than 35,000 obituaries clipped from Alameda County newspapers (95 % from the "Alameda Times Star")
- California Mission Records - Microfilmed copies of original mission records dating from the 1770s to the early 1900s
- Growing Collection of California County Vital Records, Deed and Probate Indexes
- Growing Collection of Church Records from the Azores
- Records of Births, Marriages and Deaths from Tonga - These typescript copies of vital records in Tonga date from the late 1860's to 1942
- This page was last modified on 21 July 2014, at 16:44.
- This page has been accessed 5,192 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page