Oakland California FamilySearch Library/ResourcesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|4766 Lincoln Avenue|
|Tue-Wed: 10:00 am – 9 pm|
Thu-Sat: 10:00 am – 4 pm
Hardware & Equipment
- 60 networked computer workstations with printer access
- Paper copier
- 10 microfilm readers
- 2 microfiche readers
- 3 microfiche/film scanner
- 1 flatbed scanner
- Main Classroom has large screen, projector and teaching station for the instructor with seating for 50.
- Media Classroom has teaching station with 15 computer stations for hands-on use by class members
- Both classrooms have printer access for all stations.
Oakland Family History Center has created an area where you can work with equipment consisting of a computer, scanner, printer and specialized software. With these resources you have the ability to:
- Scan photos and transfer them to a flash drive or to a DVD.
- Scan slides or negatives and transfer them to your flash drive or DVD.
- Convert your photo files from one format to another ie. tiff to jpeg or visa versa.
Don't worry if you are not sure how to do all of this, there are members of the Center staff who are trained in the use of this equipment, and they would be happy to help you!
Databases & Software
- Genealogy database software (Ancestral Quest, Family Insight, Legacy, PAF, RootsMagic)
- Charting software (PAF Companion, Legacy Charting)
- OpenOffice software on all computers for word processing, spreadsheet and presentation preparation
- Photo editing software (IrfanView, HP Photo Smart Essential, MGI Photo Suite, ACD Foto Slate and Canon Zoombrowser EX).
- Pedigree Resource File (complete on server)
- Free access to several subscription sites through the FamilySearch Portal such as Ancestry.com, British Newspapers, Find-My-Past (UK), Footnote, Genline (Swedish), Heritage Quest, World Vital Records and others.
- Free internet access to the New England Historical and Genealogical Society (NEGHS) website (americanancestors.org)
- Free internet access to Genealogy Bank.com, newspapers.com and Vital records-Worldwide (each on one designated computer)
- Research aids such as Animap.
- Research databases such as Acadian-Cajun Family Trees, Austrailian Vital Records and Mormon Immigration Index.
- This page was last modified on 29 November 2013, at 01:52.
- This page has been accessed 1,904 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki