Ohio, Crawford County Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.|
This collection contains various records including some baptism, marriage, and burial records from churches in North Robinson, Ohio. The collection in general covers the years 1853 to 2007. However, the time period covered varies between individual congregations. Be aware that some of the records in this collection are in German.
The collection is being published as images become available.
The information in the collection varies between individual congregations and records. You may find any of the following:
- Names of primary individual
- Names of parents
- Date of the event such as baptism or confirmation
- Names of witnesses
How to Use the Record
To search the collection select the "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒Select the appropriate "County, Town"
⇒Select the appropriate "Church Record" which takes you to the images
Look at the images one by one comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine if the image relates to them. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination. Keep in mind:
- There may be more than one person in the records with the same name.
- You may not be sure of your own ancestor’s name.
- Your ancestor may have used different names or variations of their name throughout their life.
Using the Information
When you have located your ancestor’s record, carefully evaluate each piece of information given. Save a copy of the image or transcribe the information. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details such as a title, an occupation, or land ownership. Add this new information to your records of each family. You should also look for leads to other records about your ancestors.
Unable to Find Your Ancestor?
- Look for variant spellings of the surnames.
- Look for an index. There are often indexes at the beginning of each volume. Local genealogical and historical societies often have indexes to local records.
- Search the records of nearby congregations.
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. Guidelines are available to help you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide. If you would like to get more involved join the WikiProject FamilySearch Records.|
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- “Ohio, Crawford County Church Records, 1853-2007.” Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2014.
- This page was last modified on 10 September 2014, at 21:19.
- This page has been accessed 632 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki