Ohio County, IndianaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- This article is about a southeastern county of Indiana. For other uses, see Ohio (disambiguation).
Guide to Ohio County Indiana genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Ohio County, Indiana|
Location of Indiana in the U.S.
|Founded||January 4, 1844|
|County Seat||Rising Sun|
|Address|| Ohio County Courthouse|
413 Main Street
Rising Sun, IN 47040
For tips on accessing Ohio County, Indiana census records online, see: Indiana Census.
- Index to Agricultural Schedule for Ohio County(1850-1880) ($,Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Index to Mortality Schedule for Ohio County (1850-1880) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Index to Manufacturing Schedules for Ohio County (1850-1880) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Index to Defective, Dependent & Delinquent Census for Ohio County (1880) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Directory of Selected Residents of Ohio County (1876) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Directory of Businesses in Ohio County (1858) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic and Religious Groups
- Every Name Index to History of Dearborn and Ohio Counties, IndianaEvery Name Index compiled by Cathy L. O'Connor, 2007; original text by F. E. Weakley Co.,Publishers, 1885; reproduction by Unigraphic, Inc., 1970.EveryNameIndex.com
- Weakley, Harraman Co. History of Dearborn, Ohio and Switzerland Counties, Indiana: From Their Earliest Settlement, Containing a History of the Counties, Their Cities, Townships, Towns, Villages, Schools, and Churches ... Biographies ... History of the North-West Territory, the State of Indiana, and the Indians. (Chicago: Weakley, Harraman Co, 2008.)other libraryINTERNET ARCHIVE
Land and Property
War of 1812
- Civil War Soldiers of Ohio County ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- African American Veterans in Ohio County (1890) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
Civil War service men from Ohio County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Ohio County.
- 1st Regiment, Indiana Heavy Artillery, Company M
- 2nd Battery, Indiana Light Artillery
- 6th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized Company H
- 7th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company I, and Reorganized C
- 20th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized C
- 52nd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized Company B
- 83rd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies B, and C
- 109th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies A, and G
- 142nd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company K
- 146th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company H
Article on the Civil War
- West, J. Eberle, "Morgan's Raid",(Indiana Magazine of History 20, no. 1 (March 1924): 92-96.)1863,Belmont County, Ohio (St. Clairesville)Abstract and Bibliographic Informationarticle PDF
World War I
World War II
Naturalization and Citizenship
County CourthouseOhio County Courthouse
413 Main Street
Rising Sun, IN 47040
County Clerk has marriage, divorce, probate,
and court records from 1844. 
Family History Centers
- Indiana State Digital Archives for Death, E-Publication, Institution, Military, Misc Historical, Naturalization Records can be searched by person name (accessed 26 May 2011)
- Indiana Marriages, 1802-1892-Ancestry.con $
- Indiana Marriages, 1780-1992-FamilySearch
- Indiana Marriage, 1811-1959-FamilySearch
- Indiana, Death Index, 1882-1920-FamilySearch
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog fckLR*Ohio County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Ohio County, Indiana 215 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- This page was last modified on 16 April 2013, at 22:01.
- This page has been accessed 1,536 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More