Ohio For Further ReadingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
More detailed information about research and records in Ohio can be found in:
- Balhuizen, Anne Ross. The History of Your Heritage: Ohio. Centerville, Utah: Advanced Resources, 1993. FHL Book 977.1 A1 no. 542.
- Bell, Carol Willsey. Ohio Genealogical Guide. 6th ed. Youngstown, Ohio: C.W. Bell, 1995. FHL Book 977.1 D27b 1995; 1978 ed. on film l036398 item 8.
- Eichholz, Alice, ed. Red Book : American State, County, and Town Sources. 3rd ed. Provo, Utah: Ancestry, 2004. Free online version; FHL Book 973 D27rb 2004; WorldCat entry. Contains bibliographies and background information on history and ethnic groups. Also contains maps and tables showing when each county was created.
- Fenley, Ann. The Ohio Open Records Law and Genealogy: Researching Ohio Public Records. Dayton, Ohio: Ohio Connection, 1989. FHL Book 977.1 P3f.
- Harter, Stuart. Ohio Genealogy and Local History Sources Index. [Ft. Wayne, Ind.: CompuGen Systems, 1986]. FHL Book 977.1 D27h. List of books published about Ohio.
- McCay, Betty L. Sources for Genealogical Searching in Ohio. Indianapolis, Ind., 1973. WorldCat
- Main, Florence. Ohio Genealogical Records. Cleveland, Ohio, 1968. WorldCat; Family History Library Catalog
- Mettle, Suzanne Wolfe, and Nova Anderson Weller, comps. Genealogical Researcher's Manual: With Special References for Using the Ohio Historical Society Library. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio Genealogical Society, 1981. FHL Book 977.1 D27g.
- Ohio Almanac. Lorain, Ohio: Lorain Journal Co., 1968. FHL Book 977.1 B5o.
- Sperry, Kip. Genealogical Research in Ohio. Baltimore, Md.: Genealogical Publishing, 1997. FHL Book 977.1 D27sk.
- This page was last modified on 11 July 2012, at 01:46.
- This page has been accessed 1,348 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page