Oklahoma For Further ReadingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The following handbooks will give you further information about research and records in Oklahoma:
- Blessing, Patrick J. Oklahoma: Records and Archives. Tulsa, Okla.: Univ. of Tulsa Publ., 1978. FHL Book 976.6 A3b; WorldCat entry.
- Brown, Jean C. Oklahoma Research: The Twin Territories. Sapulpa, Okla.: [J.C. Brown], 1975. FHL Book 976.6 D27b; Film 928207 item 4; WorldCat entry.
- Eichholz, Alice, ed. Red Book: American State, County, and Town Sources. 3rd ed. Provo, Utah: Ancestry, 2004. Free online version; FHL Book 973 D27rb 2004; WorldCat entry. Contains bibliographies and background information on history and ethnic groups. Also contains maps and tables showing when each county was created.
- Koplowitz, Bradford S. Guide to the Historical Records of Oklahoma. Bowie, Md.: Heritage Books, 1997. FHL Book 976.6 A3kb 1997; WorldCat entry. This lists records kept in counties and cities through 1920.
- This page was last modified on 10 July 2012, at 01:05.
- This page has been accessed 652 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More