Olathe Kansas Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Be sure to come by the Olathe Family History Center and learn more about your family roots, you never know what you will find...
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 15915 W 143rd St Olathe, Kansas 66062
- We are located across from Prince of Peace Catholic Church. The Family History Center door is located on the West side of the church, to the right of the main entrance.
Phone: (913) 829-1775
Open Hours: Tues. 1-4; Wed. 6-9; Thurs. 7-8:30; 1st & 3rd Sat. 10-2.
Holiday Schedule: We will be closed for Thanksgiving Nov. 25-30 and for Christmas Dec. 21-Jan. 4
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- This center has several films and fiche on long term loan, stop by and check out our collection notebook.
Databases and Software
Hardware and Equipment
- Our center has film readers, a printer, computers and other equipment that can be used for your Genealogy needs. Copies cost just 10 cents a page, but if you bring a flash drive you can download your images.
Staff Research Specialties
Our staff is very helpful and willing to give you a hand with your research.
Resources in the Local Area
The downtown Olathe library has a research room for genealogy use with lots of local flavor. You are not far from the "Midwest Genealogy Center" located at 3440 S. Lee's Summit Rd in Independence, Missouri, www.midwestgenealogycenter.org or (816)252-7228. The National Archives at Kansas City is located at 400 West Pershing Rd in Kansas City, Missouri, www.archives.gov/central-plains/kansas-city or (816)268-8000.
One of our favorite sites it familysearch.org and it is free to search from home. We also love to use www.findagrave.com which is also free to use from home.
Volunteer at the Center
We are always looking for Volunteers that are friendly and helpful, if you are interested please speak with your Ward Bishop in the Olathe Stake, or stop by on Wednesday evenings to learn more about how we assist others with their genealogy.
- This page was last modified on 1 November 2013, at 21:45.
- This page has been accessed 482 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More