Old Buckenham, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Old Buckenham, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
BUCKENHAM, OLD (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Guiltcross, hundred of Shropham, W. division of Norfolk, 3 miles (S. S. E.) from Attleburgh. There are places of worship for Baptists, Sandemanians, and Primitive Methodists. 
Old Buckenham All Saints is an Ancient parish and is adjacent to New Buckenham, Norfolk It has an octagonal 14th century tower and thatched nave and chancel and retains medieval bench ends with figures carved to represent Old Testament prophets.
The Buckenham neighbours should not be confused with Buckenham, Norfolk
- Wayland 1902-1974
- Free BMD
Old Buckenham, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Old Buckenham, Norfolk Online Parish Records|
Norfolk Record Office reference is PD107/1-11, 15-16
Further parish material is found for later years of the parish registers:
|Marriages, 1801-1812; marriage banns, 1801-1881. Marriages, 1813-1907. Burials, 1813-1901. Marriage banns, 1882-1907|| FHL BRITISH Film |
1911509 Items 1 - 6
There is a known issue in the England Vital Records Index (FamilySearch Historical Records) Baptisms on Source film 1911508 have been found to contain the incorrect place data entry and some entries for this parish may also be affected by the error. Here is a list of church records on microfilm at the Family History Library (FHL) in Salt Lake City.
|Parish Registers Content||FHL Film|
| Baptisms, burials and marriages 1725-1812
Family History Library BRITISH Film
|BRITISH 1526817 Item 15|
Baptisms, burials, 1648-1691; marriages, 1649-1691. Baptisms, marriages, 1692-1778; burials, 1692-1717, 1734-1778. Baptisms, burials, 1778-1812. Baptisms, 1813-1908. Marriages, 1754-1801; marriage banns, 1755-1765
Marriages, 1801-1812; marriage banns, 1801-1881. Marriages, 1813-1907. Burials, 1813-1901. Marriage banns, 1882-1907.
| BRITISH Film
1911508 Items 19 - 24
BRITISH Film 1911509 Items 1 - 6
At present the only Record Search images online are those for Old_Buckenham,_Norfolk under a heading "Buckenham" This awaits future engineering for correction and Buckenham Parva (Buckenham Tofts) registers are not available online.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438865.
Poor Law Unions
- Guiltcross Poor Law Union
- Swaffham Workhouse
- See also England Norfolk Poor Law Union Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Norfolk Poor Law Unions
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
England Jurisdictions 1851
•Vision of Britain
- Old Buckenham on GenUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 415-420. Date accessed: 06 May 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Norfolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 11 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 30 November 2014, at 06:25.
- This page has been accessed 3,013 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More