Olympia Washington Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
- Map to Olympia Family History Center Location Map
- If you are looking for a Family History Center closer to you Click Here
- 1116 Yew Ave NE Olympia WA 98507 United States
- Entrance on east side of LDS Chapel through basement door next to parking lot.
- Tuesday: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Thursday: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
We occasionally close unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illness: Please call for information about unexpected alterations to our normal operation hours:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- 7 computers and 7 film/fiche readers.
- Free access to subscription based internet web sites, including FamilySearch.org, Ancestry.com, Footnote, Heritage Quest, American Ancestors.org (formerly New England Historic Genealogical Society), World Vital Records, Godfrey Memorial LIbrary and other sites.
- About 600 books.
- More than 10,000 microfiche and more than 1500 rolls of microfilm. Additional films and fiche may be rented from the Family History Library.
- One copier and Two printers available.
- Genealogical software programs such as Root Magic and PAF are available.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
Adding details to a FHC page article.
- This page was last modified on 18 September 2014, at 17:53.
- This page has been accessed 2,551 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More