Onecote, StaffordshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Onecote, Staffordshire family history and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Leek PLU|
|Parish registers: 1755|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1782|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Staffordshire Record Office|
ONECOTE, is a township and a chapelry, in the parish and union of Leek, N. division of the hundred of Totmonslow and of the county of Stafford, 5 miles (E.by S.) from Leek. 
Onecote was created in 1783 from chapelry in Leek, Staffordshire Ancient Parish. Other places in the parish include: Bradnop.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Onecote parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BIVRI = British Isles Vital Records Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|FMP = Staffordshire Parish Register Collection (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|NBI = National Burial Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|ONECOTE PARISH Online Records|
Many of Staffordshire's Parish Register entries have been transcribed in full by Staffordshire Freereg and can be searched for free.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474630.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Staffordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 476-479. Date accessed: 01 November 2012.
- ↑ 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 11 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Staffordshire Parish Records Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 23 July 2014.
- ↑ 'IGI Batch Numbers for Stafford (N-Z), England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 23 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 8 September 2013.
- This page was last modified on 23 August 2014, at 00:17.
- This page has been accessed 953 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki