Online Tuition in the Palaeography of Scottish Documents 1500-1750Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
If you need help reading old Scottish documents, the site titled "Online Tuition in the Paleography of Scottish Documents 1500-1750" provides interactive lessons and practice in reading the old Scottish handwriting.
- Tutorials are available for both the novice and the more experienced
- A coaching manual includes a “problem solver” which aids you when you have difficulty, a presentation of letter forms, a bibliography, and links to other online helps.
- Links to the Dictionary of the Scots Language
- Each week there is a new “poser” which is a document to be translated and a weekly tip.
or search Google.com for Scottish Handwriting
- This page was last modified on 12 August 2008, at 00:15.
- This page has been accessed 736 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More