Ontario For Further ReadingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
More detailed information about research and records of Ontario can be found in:
- Merriman, Brenda Dougall. Genealogy in Ontario: Searching the Records. 3rd ed. Toronto: Ontario Genealogical Society, 1996. (FHL book 971.3 D27m 1996.) This is probably the most complete handbook on Ontario family history research. Appendixes include a number of useful addresses and an extensive bibliography.
- Taylor, Ryan. Books You Need to do Genealogy in Ontario: An Annotated Bibliography. Fort Wayne, Ind.: Round Tower Books, 1996. (FHL book 971.3 D23t.) A county-by-county list of selected genealogical and historical titles. Includes publishers' addresses.
- Wilson, Don, ed. Readings in Ontario Genealogical Sources: A Selection of Presentations Given at the Conference on Ontario Genealogical Sources held at Toronto, Ontario, October 27-29, 1978. [N.p: n.p.], 1979. (FHL book 971.3 D27c.) This includes 23 papers on diverse topics, including archive collections, court records, land records, Loyalists, church records, and immigration.
Some handbooks mentioned in the Canada Wiki pages include chapters on Ontario research. Some local branches of the Ontario Genealogical Society have prepared handbooks for research in their area. An excellent example is:
- Taylor, Ryan. Family Research in Waterloo and Wellington Counties. Kitchener, Ont.: Waterloo-Wellington Branch, 1986. (FHL book 971.34 D27t.)
- This page was last modified on 30 January 2015, at 23:25.
- This page has been accessed 808 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More