Ontario SocietiesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Ontario genealogical societies and organizations may have information of value to aid your research. National societies in Ontario are listed in Canada Societies. The most important genealogical society specializing in Ontario is the Ontario Genealogical Society, formed in 1961. It has branches in most counties and districts of Ontario.
- Ontario Genealogical Society
40 Orchard View Boulevard
Toronto, ON M4R 1B9
- Kensington Market Historical Society Meets at the Toronto Public Library. See their website under Resources for a list of Toronto-area online resources.
- The Norfolk Heritage Centre is very helpful to researchers in Norfolk County Ontario and to researchers in other counties.
Directories of Ontario Societies
Names and addresses of other local historical societies and lineage and ethnic organizations are arranged by county in:
- Directory of Heritage Organizations and Institutions in Ontario. Revised Edition. Willowdale, Ontario: Ontario Historical Society, 1992. At various librariesFHL book 971.3 C44o Not on microfilm.
- Daddezio Ontario Genealogical and Historical societies listed online.
- This page was last modified on 30 September 2014, at 15:58.
- This page has been accessed 1,521 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page