Opelika Alabama Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
- Groce St Opelika AL 36801 United States
- Park in the first (and smaller) parking lot.
- The FHC entrance is the last door at the back of the building.
- This door is usually locked so ring the buzzer and someone will open the door for you.
- 1 334-745-2140
- Wed 9:00am-12:00pm and 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Thur 9:00am-12:00pm
- Sunday 12:00pm - 2:00pm For Members Only
- Closed for Holidays
- Closed for General Conference
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings - 2nd Wednesday of each month at 6:30 PM at the FHC
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- We have 3 computers and printers, 2 microfilm readers and 2 microfiche readers. We do not have a microfilm or microfiche copier.
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
There are several libraries within a reasonable distance of our FHC which include:
1. Auburn University Library has most census films, many books and the Alabama Room containing resources for Alabama research. One must obtain a parking permit for a day to park in the campus parking lot or they can park off campus.
2. Chatahoochee Valley Community College Library in Phenix City has a very good book and film collection.
3. The Opelika Public Library has a good research collection and internet connection.
4. The Middle Georgia Archives is located in LaGrange, Georgia about 45 miles from Opelika and it has a great research collection.
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 19 July 2014, at 00:28.
- This page has been accessed 873 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki