Orchardleigh, SomersetEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
ORCHARDLEIGH, a parish, in the union and hundred of Frome, E. division of Somerset, 2½ miles (N.) from Frome.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Orchardleigh, Somerset parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|MARR = Somerset Marriages (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|SOPC = Somerset Online Parish Clerks - free|
|ORCHARDLEIGH PARISH Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474597.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Somerset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Contributor: add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 479-483. Date accessed and adapted: 20 March 2013.
- ↑ 'Somerset Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 3 February 2014.
- ↑ 'Somerset Marriages', FindMyPast (WayBack Machine), accessed 29 April 2014.
- ↑ Somerset Online Parish Clerks Genealogy, accessed 22 October 2013.
- This page was last modified on 2 May 2014, at 00:07.
- This page has been accessed 715 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback