Orem Utah Sunset Heights Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
We serve patrons in the four stake area of Cherry Hill, Lakeview, Sunset Heights and Vineyard. The location is adjacent to Utah Valley University.
• One-on-one assistance
• Free access to subscription websites
• Classes on Family Tree, FamilySearch, subscription websites and various research topics
- Address: 1260 South 400 West, Orem, Utah Ring bell to gain access.
- Location on Google Map
- E-Mail: email@example.com
Monday, Thursday and Friday: 10 am to 4 pm
Tuesday and Wednesday: 10 am to 4 pm and 6:30 pm to 9 pm
Closed Saturday and Sunday
Group Reservation: Contact Assistant Directors Rod (801-800-0252) or Pat (801-800-0025) Cuthbert to schedule the date and time.
2015 Holiday Closures:
- Closed for Christmas and New Years - Monday, December 16 through Wednesday, January 2, 2014
- Closed Martin Luther King Day - Monday January 19
- Closed Presidents Day - Monday, February 16
- Closed Memorial Day - Monday May 25
- Closed Independence Day – Friday, July 3
- Closed Pioneer Day – Wednesday, July 24
- Closed Labor Day – Monday, September 7, 2014
- Closed Thanksgiving - Wednesday after 1 pm until Moday
- Closed for Christmas and New Years - Monday, December 21 through Friday, January 1, 2016
One on One Help
We offer BASIC HELP any time we ore open in three areas:
Getting Started with Your Family History - Using Family Tree - Using Family Search
Classes and Workshops
Our Focus this year is to teach you how to use the many tools found on FamilySearch.
Our classes are regularly scheduled during the 1st and 3rd weeks of each month.
One class is taught the first Tuesday at 11 am and repeated the first Thursday at 7 pm.
The second class is taught the 3rd Tuesday at 11 and repeated the 3rd Thursday at 7 pm.
In January, May and October the first of each class falls on a Thursday and is repeated the next Tuesday.
We help those preparing for missions to do the Family History assignments.
We help with the BSA Genealogy Merit Badge.
All classes are taught at Sunset Heights FHC.
October: Gathering Leaves from the Family Tree
Thurs, October 16 at 7pm repeated Tuesday, October 21 at 11 am
Description: Adding and extending your family tree on this powerful
subscription site that is free to LDS Members.
Instructor: Joy Stubbs
November: All Are Safely Gathered In
Tuesday, November 4 at 11 am repeated Thursday, November 6 at 7pm
A quick way to attach census records to all members of the family.
Instructor: Jeanne Gunnell
Adding Photos, Documents and Sources to FamilySearch
Tuesday, November 18 at 11am repeated Thurs, November 20 at 7pm
Description: Adding Photos and Documents to your ancestors on
FamilySearch.org will be broken down in to steps.
Instructor: Marilyn Thomsen
- This page was last modified on 7 December 2014, at 15:37.
- This page has been accessed 4,597 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page