Orleans County, VermontEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Orleans County Vermont genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Orleans County, Vermont|
Location in the state of Vermont
|Founded||October 5, 1792|
|Address|| Orleans County Courthouse|
83 Main Street, Newport, VT 05855-1214
Orleans County Website
Town and City Clerks have birth, marriage, death and City Clerks have birth, marriage, death and land records; District Probate Court has probate records; County Clerk has divorce and court records from 1800
Towns Organized Before 1800:
For animated maps illustrating Vermont County boundary changes, "Rotating Formation Vermont County Boundary Maps" (1764-1895) may be viewed for free at the MapofUS.org website.
Places / Localities
- Beebe Plain
Land and Property
Regiments and Companies:
- - 4th Regiment, Vermont Infantry, Company D
See also How to order Vermont Vital Records, order electronically online or download an application for Vermont <a title="Vermont Birth Certificate Application" href="http://www.healthvermont.gov/research/records/birth_form.aspx" target="_blank">Birth Certificate</a>, <a title="Vermont Marriage Certificate Application" href="http://www.healthvermont.gov/research/records/marriage_form.aspx" target="_blank">Marriage Certificate</a>, <a title="Vermont Divorce Certificate Application" href="http://www.healthvermont.gov/research/records/divorce_form.aspx" target="_blank">Divorce Certificate</a>, <a title="Vermont Death Certificate Application" href="http://www.healthvermont.gov/research/records/deathcert_form.aspx" target="_blank">Death Certificate</a> Applications to mail.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
|Centers provide: • Personal one-on-one assistance • Access to genealogical records through the Internet or microfilm loan program • Free how-to classes (varies by location). See Family History Centers for more information.|
- Orleans County, VT History, Records, Facts and Genealogy
- Vermont Genealogy Network Community on Google+
- Vermont Genealogy Network Group on Facebook
- FamilySearch.org FamilySearch Catalog for Orleans County
- The Orleans County VTGenWeb Project, an member of The VTGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Orleans County
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Orleans County, Vermont. Page 699 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ Michael J. Leclerc, Genealogist's Handbook for New England Research, 5th ed. (Boston, Mass.: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2012), 395. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974 D27g 2012.
- This page was last modified on 28 August 2014, at 16:40.
- This page has been accessed 4,654 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki