Orting, Washington USA Soldiers Home ApplicationsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The Washington (state) Soldiers Home and Colony near Orting was established in 1891. It was the first of three homes built for Washington state veterans. The application for admission to the home gives valuable information about the person’s military service.
- Date and place of enlistment.
- Date and place of discharge.
- Cause of discharge.
- Name and address of nearest relative or friend.
- Miscellaneous information.
The Family History Library in Salt Lake City has microfilm copies of the applications. The numbers can be found by doing one of the following searches in the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Title Search: Member Files at the Washington Soldiers Homes
- Place Search: Orting, Washington
- Film/Fiche Search: 1221583
Films are arranged by file numbers. A name index is on the Washington State Digital Archives. To search the index:
- Select Military Records as the record series.
- Type the name of an individual and click Search.
- Click Soldier’s Home and Colony.
- Click the name to see the reference (file) number.
- This page was last modified on 18 July 2014, at 23:09.
- This page has been accessed 1,501 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page