Osage County, OklahomaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Osage County, Oklahoma genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Osage County, Oklahoma|
Location in the state of Oklahoma
Location of Oklahoma in the U.S.
|Founded||July 16, 1907|
|Address|| Osage County Courthouse|
600 Grandview Ave.
Pawhuska, Oklahoma 74056
1907--Osage County was created 16 July 1907 from Osage Indian Lands.
County seat: Pawhuska 
- Hominy Cemetery, Hominy BillionGraves
- Osage Gardens Cemetery, Skiatook, Osage, Oklahoma Interment.net
For tips on accessing Osage County, Oklahoma census records online, see: Oklahoma Census.
Church records vary significantly depending on the denomination and the record keeper. They may contain information about members of the congregation, such as age, date of baptism, christening, or birth; marriage information and maiden names; and death date. For general information about Oklahoma denominations, view the Oklahoma Church Records Wiki page.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- De Noya
Land and property records can place an ancestor in a particular location, provide economic information, and reveal family relationships. Land records include: deeds, abstracts and indexes, mortgages, leases, grants and land patents.
See Oklahoma Land and Property for additional information about early Oklahoma land grants. After land was transferred to private ownership, subsequent transactions were usually recorded at the county courthouse, where records are currently housed.
Local histories are available for Osage County, Oklahoma. County and town histories may include biographies, church, school and government history, and military information. For more information about local histories, see the wiki page section Oklahoma Local Histories.
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War Battle was fought in Osage County
Map showing Civil war battles in Oklahoma
Additional newspapers abstracts can sometimes be found using search phrases such as Osage County, Oklahoma newspapers in online catalogs like:
Oklahoma tax records complement land records and can be used to supplement the years between censuses. There may be gaps of several years in the records.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Pawhuska Oklahoma Family History Center 15th & Red Eagle Pawhuska OK 74056 United States Location Map
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- FamilySearch Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Osage County, Oklahoma. Page 561 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 7 August 2012)
|This Oklahoma-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 19 July 2014, at 04:22.
- This page has been accessed 4,997 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki