Otley, YorkshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Carlton Gilbert Union PLU|
|Parish registers: 1562|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1602|
|Diocese||Pre-1836 - York; Post-1835 - Ripon|
|Probate Court||Exchequer and Prerogative Courts of the Archbishop of York|
|Location of Archive|
|Yorkshire Record Office|
OTLEY (All Saints), a market-town and parish, partly in the Upper division of the wapentake of Skyrack, and partly in the Upper division of that of Claro, W. riding of York, 28 miles (W. by S.) from York, 10 (N. W. by N.) from Leeds, 10 (N. by E.) from Bradford, and 196 (N. N. W.) from London. There are places of worship for the Society of Friends, Independents, Wesleyans, Primitive Methodists, and Methodists of the New Connexion. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Online data content from chapelry registers of Otley exists at some of the following websites and for the specified ranges of years:
|AC = Ancestry - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|IARC = Internet Archive - free|
|JOIN = JoinerMarriageIndex.co.uk - (£)|
|OTLEY PARISH (1562) Online Records|
|| 1672-1694, 1697-1750
To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
This ancient parish (AP) was created before 1813. Church of England records began in 1562.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464269.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Yorkshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
Genealogy and History Websites
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 486-491. Date accessed: 23 October 2013.
- ↑ 'West Yorkshire, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1512-1812,' Ancestry, accessed 10 May 2014.
- ↑ 'West Yorkshire, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1910,' Ancestry, accessed 12 May 2014.
- ↑ 'West Yorkshire, England, Marriages and Banns, 1813-1935,' Ancestry, accessed 12 May 2014.
- ↑ 'West Yorkshire, England, Deaths and Burials, 1813-1985,' Ancestry, accessed 13 May 2014.
- ↑ 'Yorkshire West Riding,' FreeREG, accessed 22 October 2014.
- This page was last modified on 23 October 2014, at 19:26.
- This page has been accessed 1,662 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki