Over Wallop, HampshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Over Wallop, Hampshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish register transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Over Wallop, Hampshire|
|Poor Law Union||Stockbridge PLU|
|Parish registers: 1538|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1783|
|Probate Court||Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and Archdeaconry of Winchester|
|Location of Archive|
|Hampshire Record Office|
WALLOP, OVER (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Stockbridge, hundred of Thorngate, Andover and N. divisions of the county of Southampton, 7 miles (S. W.) from Andover..
WALLOP (Over), a parish in Stockbridge district, Hants; 2 miles S by E of Grately r. station, and 6 WNW of Stockbridge r. station. Post town, Stockbridge, under Winchester..
| This section requires expansion with:
a summary overview of the history of this parish.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Over Wallop, Hampshire parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FMP = FindMyPast - (£)|
|PRTS = The Parish Register Transcription Society - (£)|
|OVER WALLOP PARISH Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 288791.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Hampshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.|
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848), pp. 440-444. Date accessed: 08 June 2013.
- ↑ John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1870. Date accessed: 8 June 2013.
- ↑ 'Over 1.4 million new Hampshire parish records published', Find My Past, accessed 3 October 2013. Date ranges are not clearly identified.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 27 September 2013.
- This page was last modified on 4 November 2014, at 22:25.
- This page has been accessed 1,443 times.