Parkham, Devon GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Parkham, Devon ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Bideford|
|Parish registers: 1537|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1597|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Barnstaple|
|Location of Archive|
|Devon Record Office|
PARKHAM (St. James), a parish, in the union of Bideford, hundred of Shebbear, Great Torrington and N. divisions of Devon, 6 miles (S. W.) from Bideford. The parish is bounded on the north by the sea. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Parkham parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|PARKHAM PARISH Online Records|
- Bible Christian Methodist
- Roman Catholic
- Wesleyan Methodist
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241320.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Devon Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Parkham on GENUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Date accessed and adapted: 30 October 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 18 November 2013.
- ↑ John Ingle Dredge, ed., The Registers of Parkham (Exeter: Devon and Cornwall Record Society, 1906). Digitised by Google Books - free.
- ↑ John Ingle Dredge, ed., The Registers of Parkham (Exeter: Devon and Cornwall Record Society, 1906). Digitised by Internet Archive - free.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Devon, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 13 February 2014.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes (n.p.: n.p., n.d.). FHL British Book 942 V25pm
- ↑ 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Genealogist, accessed 27 September 2013.
- This page was last modified on 25 November 2015, at 00:31.
- This page has been accessed 2,606 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News