Parking and Public Transportation near the Family History LibraryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Family History Library Parking and Public Transportation
Summarized Version of the Parking Services
Click here for information regarding Temple Square parking, including the Family History Library. For more detailed information, read the article below.
There are several free options to park near the Family History Library.
- Free: Parking lot behind the Church History Museum
- Monday to Friday, 4:30-9 pm; all day Saturday
- Limitations: Closed during Conference Center events, and from the day after Thanksgiving to January 2nd. Parking subject to availability.
There are also several options that will let you park for a small fee.
Several public parking lots are available in the area; click here to view a map of them. Most cost approximately $5-6 a day. The closest parking lot to the library is on the North West corner of North Temple and West Temple and charges $6 per day and requires exact change. The parking lot directly behind the libraries is not available except on Saturdays and is then free for patrons.
- Pay: For a Family History Library area pay-parking lots map click here. Pricing is subject to change and is not controlled by the Family History Library. As of July 16, 2013 the following fees apply:
- Salt Palace Parking a maximum of $12.00 per day.
- Lot on the northwest corner of North Temple is $2 under 1 hr, $5 under 2 hrs, $8 under 12 hrs
- The JSMB underground parking is a flat rate of $10.
There are a few handicapped, metered spots on West Temple near the front door of the library. The Plaza Hotel which is just south of the FHL also has a few handicapped spots in their parking structure which is convenient to the library. Those spots cost $1/hour up to a maximum of $8, with the fee sometimes going to $5 during evening when their are nearby events.
Both bus and TRAX (light rail) stops are located within one block of the Family History Library. For current stops and schedules, go to Ride UTA . The closest stop on Trax for the library is the Temple Square stop. UTA Bus and Trax lines with the 12 block downtown area are free to ride. The Greyhound Bus terminal is located at 300 S 600 W, about 8 blocks from the Family History Library.
Public Transportation:For FrontRunner (commuter rail), TRAX (light rail), and bus public transportation information see the Utah Transit Authority Internet site.
- This page was last modified on 9 December 2015, at 21:26.
- This page has been accessed 3,131 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News