Pennsylvania DirectoriesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Resources for Pennsylvania Directories
Directories of heads of households have been published for major cities in Pennsylvania.
Libraries and Archives
- Fold3.com ($) has Philadelphia City Directories 1785, 1791, 1793-1922 (7 yrs. missing) and Pittsburgh City Directories 1861-1923 (3 yrs. missing) available online.
- Ancestry.com ($) has Pennsylvania directories available online in its U.S. City Directories collection.
The Family History Library
Some examples of statewide directories for Pennsylvania are:
The Pennsylvania Law Directory. Lindsay and Blakiston, 1844. FHL fiche 6044309.
Ulman, H. C. Ulman's Pennsylvania Business Directory and Eastern, Western and Southern Circular, 1854/55. FHL fiche 6044310.
Boyd, William H. Boyd's Business Directory of the Counties of Adams, Bucks, Chester, Cumberland, Dauphin, Delaware, Franklin, Lancaster, Montgomery, and York, PA, 1860.FHL fiche 6044311.
The Family History Library has directories for:
1797-1849: FHL film 983347 item 1 (first of 31 film or fiche)
1850-1899: FHL film 1000893 item 1
1861-1901: FHL film 1377251-90
- US City Directories This web site identifies printed, microfilmed, and online directories and their repositories.
- This page was last modified on 12 April 2014, at 19:02.
- This page has been accessed 4,974 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page