Pennsylvania Division of Vital RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Vital Records consist of births, adoptions, marriages, divorces, and deaths recorded on registers, certificates, and documents. United States Vital Records has additional research guidance on researching and using vital records. A copy or an extract of most original records can be purchased from the Pennsylvania Vital Records State Department of Health or the clerk of the orphans' court of the county where the event occurred. The Department of Health has birth and death certificates registered in Pennsylvania from 1906 to the present. For records prior to that date, contact the appropriate county. Marriage and divorce records are usually obtained from the courthouse in the county where the marriage license was issued or divorce decree was granted.
Wiki articles describing online collections found at:
- Pennsylvania Births and Christenings (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Pennsylvania, Philadelphia City Births (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Deaths (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh City Deaths (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- This page was last modified on 30 January 2015, at 02:11.
- This page has been accessed 1,268 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News