Pierre Indian Agency (South Dakota)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Indian Tribes Associated With This Agency
Lower Yanktonai, Lower Brule, Miniconjou, and Two Kettles bands on the Crow Creek reservation, and the Lower Brule and Lower Yanktonai bands on the Lower Brule reservation
- School census cards, 1928-1960
- Court records, 1944-1966
- Student case files, 1944-1964
Agency Records, 1960-1970 contains; estate, heirship, enrollemtnt, and citizenship FHL Film: 1204881
- ↑ Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981, p. 175.
- ↑ Guide to Federal Records, Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Record Group 75. Available online.
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974.
- Historical Sketches for Jurisdictional and Subject Headings Used for the Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880. National Archives Microcopy T1105.
- Marquette University. Guide to Catholic-Related Records in the Midwest about Native Americans.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online
- This page was last modified on 2 February 2011, at 19:19.
- This page has been accessed 1,087 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More