Pilton, SomersetEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Shepton Mallet PLU|
|Registration District||Shepton Mallet|
|Parish registers: 1558|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1616|
|Diocese||Bath and Wells|
|Probate Court||Court of the Peculiar of Pilton|
|Location of Archive|
|Somerset Record Office|
PILTON (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Shepton-Mallet, chiefly in the hundred of Whitestone, but partly in that of Glaston-Twelve-Hides, E. division of Somerset, 3 miles (S. W.) from SheptonMallet. There are places of worship for Ranters and Wesleyans.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Pilton, Somerset parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|IGI = FamilySearch - free|
|MARR = Somerset Marriages (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|PILTON PARISH Online Records|
||1621-1669, 1744-1910|| |
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474606.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Somerset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Contributor: add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Date accessed and adapted: 24 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Somerset Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 3 February 2014.
- ↑ 'IGI Batch Numbers for Somerset, England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 21 October 2013.
- ↑ 'Somerset Marriages', FindMyPast (WayBack Machine), accessed 30 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 17 October 2013.
- This page was last modified on 15 July 2014, at 13:24.
- This page has been accessed 868 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki