Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 3rd Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Plum Family History Center is located at 710 New Texas Rd. in Plum, PA, near Monroeville, PA.
We offer access to the Family History Center Portal which allows free access to Premium Websites such as Family Search and Ancestry Institution and many others. Many of the sites generally charge for Subscriptions.
We are open to the Public for doing Genealogy work and have very knowledgeable Consultants and Volunteers to help those who need help with their Ancestry work. We have Film and microfiche scanners. Films can be purchased online.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 710 New Texas Rd Plum Borough, PA 15239 United States
- Thursday:10am - 9pm for Public and Church Members
- Saturday: by appointment only
- Holiday Schedule:2015 Closed for Thanksgiving week, Christmas week, New Years week.
Calendar and Events
Class Schedule - None at this time.
Staff Training Meetings - None scheduled at this time.
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Currently we have over 200 hard copy books of reference, i.e. cemetery records, county vital records for Pennsylvania Ohio and WV, by local and national authors.
- We also have a Large Library of Genealogy Books by Local publishing Company Closson Press.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have 7 active and up to date PC computers with a common Lexmark printer, three microfilm viewers, including a Minolta Scanner/Viewer/Printer.
Staff Research Specialties
Our staff includes 7 volunteers, 5 consultants and a Director. Two of our volunteer staff are retired professional genealogist's and one is a published author.
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center - Call the center 724-325-1818 Thursdays 10am-9pm. Ask for Jack Lawson - Director
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 18 November 2015, at 10:35.
- This page has been accessed 1,767 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News