Platte City Missouri Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
- 2700 Ensign Drive, Platte City, Missouri United States
- Located on the north side of building. Single door to the right of the double doors at the top of the stairs.
- 1 816-858-7551
- 10:00am. to 2:00pm., evening 6:30pm. to 8:30pm.
- 10:00am. to 2:00pm. and evenings by appointment.
- 2013 - Closed July 3rd-4th, Nov. 20th-21st and Dec.23rd thru Jan. 2nd 2014
Calendar and Events
Indexing Hour is held the 4th Thursday at 10:30am. An evening indexing hour is currently being planned.
Monthly Workshop: 2nd Thursday at 7pm, 3rd Thursday at 10:30am. Please email or call the center for more information or to inquire about our Classes by Request program
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Small Collection of Genealogical BooksDatabases and Software
- CD collection including Vital Records Indexes, PERSI, etc
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- 4 computer workstations with printers, microfilm readers, and microfiche readers. Large plotter for FamilySearch Fan Charts.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 6 December 2013, at 18:20.
- This page has been accessed 450 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More