Plymstock, Devon GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Plymstock, Devon ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Plympton St Mary|
|Registration District||Plympton St Mary|
|Parish registers: 1591|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1607|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Totnes|
|Location of Archive|
|Devon Record Office|
PLYMSTOCK (St. Mary and All Saints), a parish, in the union of Plympton St. Mary, hundred of Plympton, Ermington and Plympton, and S. divisions of the county of Devon, 2 miles (S. E.) from Plymouth. The parish is situated on the river Plym, and intersected by the Totnes and Exeter road. At Hoe was formerly a chapel dedicated to St. Catherine. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Plymstock parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|FMP = FindMyPast - (£)|
|PRTS = The Parish Register Transcription Society - (£)|
|TGEN = TheGenealogist - (£)|
|PLYMSTOCK PARISH Online Records|
- Bible Christian Methodist
- Protestant Dissenters
- Wesleyan Methodist
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241318.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Devon Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Plymstock on GENUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 578-586. Date accessed: 2 August 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Devon Parish Marriages,' findmypast, accessed 8 January 2014.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 27 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records,' TheGenealogist, accessed 26 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 9 January 2016, at 01:47.
- This page has been accessed 2,608 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News