Polk County, Oregon GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Polk County, Oregon ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Polk County, Oregon|
Location in the state of Oregon
Location of Oregon in the U.S.
|Founded||Decemeber 22, 1845|
|Address|| Polk County Courthouse|
850 Main Street Rm 201
Dallas, OR 97338
Polk County Website
County Clerk has marriage, probate and land records. 
Dallas was formerly named Cynthian.
- County Records Inventory listing the records held at the Polk County Court House as of August 2007.
- Record Loss:
23 Dec 1847: Benton County set off.
15 Dec 1853: Tillamook County set off.
20 February 1893: Lincoln County set off.
For animated maps illustrating Oregon County boundary changes, "Rotating Formation Oregon County Boundary Maps" (1843-1975) may be viewed for free at the MapofUS.org website.
Places / Localities
Dallas | Falls City | Independence | Monmouth | Salem | Willamina
Airlie | Bethel | Bridgeport | Ellendale | Eola | Grand Ronde | Pedee | Perrydale | Rickreall | Valsetz | Zena
Grand Ronde (Confederated Tribes of the Grand Ronde Community - specifically Chasta, Kalapuya, Molalla, Rogue River, Klickitat, Chinook, Tillamook, French-Canadian (Iroqouian).
Information about localities, too small or too brief to describe in separate pages.
- Zena Cemetery, Salem BillionGraves
- 1849 Transcription and Index
- 1856 Transcription and Index
Church History and Records
A wiki artaicle describing an online collection is found Oregon, Polk County Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
Land and Property
Wiki articles describing land records online are found at Oregon, Polk County Records (FamilySearch Historical Records).
Military History and Records
Rivers and Waterways
Details about the rivers and waterways where farms and settlements are often found along them. >> Rivers and Waterways
The Family History Library has copies of some county records as following:
Linn County records of deaths 1903-1915, 1915-1947 (the cover title of this one is "Register of Physicians, Midwives and Undertakers", death certificates 1903-1947, coroner's inquest 1909-1960, index 1909-1960.
See also How to order Oregon Vital Records, order electronically online or download an application for Oregon Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Application to mail.
Societies, Libraries and Museums
Family History Centers
Family History Centers provide one-on-one assistance and free access to premium genealogical websites. In addition, many centers have free how-to genealogy classes. See Family History Centers for more information. Search the online FHC directory for a nearby family history center.
- Polk County, OR History, Records, Facts and Genealogy
- Oregon Genealogy Network Community on Google+
- Oregon Genealogy Network Group on Facebook
- The Polk County GenWeb Project, part of The ORGenWeb Project
- USGenWeb Archives
- USGenWeb Archives backup site
- Oregon Polk County Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- FamilySearch FamilySearch Catalog
Polk County Oregon Genealogy References
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Polk County, Oregon page 573, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ WorldCat 50140092 ▲ FHL Collection Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed.] (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002)
- This page was last modified on 22 July 2015, at 04:58.
- This page has been accessed 7,795 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News