Port Angeles Washington Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Port Angeles Family History Center is located on the south side of the Port Angeles meetinghouse. We serve the west end of Clallam County including the communities of Port Angeles, Sequim, Joyce, and Forks. All interested in genealogy and family history are invited to come to the center for assistance, to research, or to attend classes.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 591 Monroe Road Port Angeles WA 98362 United States
- Enter on the southwest side of building.
- Use the sidewalk from the parking lot on the south side to the front of the building
- Enter the Family History Center from the first set of doors facing Monroe Road.
- Please ring doorbell (on the wall to your right) for admission.
- FHC Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: The Center will be open during October 2014 during the following hours.
Tuesday: 10 am - 4 pm
Wednesday: 10 am - 2 pm
Thursday: 10 am - 4 pm
Friday 6 pm - 9 pm
The following regular hours will resume November 4, 2014
- Tuesday: 10:00am-9:00pm
- Wednesday:1 0:00am-2:00pm and 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Thursday: 10:00am-9:00pm
- Friday: 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Thanksgiving Holiday: November 25 through 28th
- Christmas Holiday: December 23rd-31st: Reopening January 6th 2015
Calendar and Events
The 2014 Port Angeles Family History October Jamboree has been canceled.
Staff Training Meetings are held monthly from 10 am to 11 am
2014 Schedule: Sep 20; Oct 18 (canceled); Nov 15; and Dec 6
- Any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog may now be ordered through your home computer.
- We have over 990 microfilms on indefinite loan and thousands of microfiche. These are categorized in a card catalog by subject, author, locality, and title.
- Books include research books, maps, some Polk directories for Port Angeles, WA and surrounding towns.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal - This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access to the following premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
- Access Newspaper Archive
- Alexander Street Press - The Amerian Civil War which includes a Research Database, Letters and Diaries, Images, Photographs, Posters, and Ephemera
- Ancestry.com - Library Edition
- ArkivDigital Online - Launch from the ArkivDigital Online start menu button
- Create your "Who Do Think You Are?" story for free
- findmypast.com - Institution Version
- Fold3.com (previously known as Footnote.com)
- The Genealogist
- Godfrey Memorial Library
- Heritage Quest Online
- Historic Map Works - Library Edition
- Paper Trail
- World Vital Records
- Hardware and Equipment
- 7 computers
- 3 printers including a Multi Function Printer/Copier/Scanner/Fax.
- Canon 300 microfiche/microfilm digitizer with attached flatbed scanner. Used to transfer and save images from films, fiche, or scanner to a flash drive or CD or print the images.
- five microfilm readers
- two microfiche readers
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
- Clallam County Genealogical Society (CCGS)
- Clallam County Historical Society
- Museum and Arts Center (Sequim) - Exhibit Center at 175 W. Cedar Street, Sequim, WA 98382 Phone: 360-683-8110. Research Center and Administrative Offices Location: 544 N. Sequim Avenue, Sequim, WA 98382 - Phone: 360-681-2257
- North Olympic Library System (NOLS) - www.nols.org. Library locations are in Sequim, Port Angeles, Forks and Neah Bay. See Nols web page for hours, addresses and phone numbers.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
- City of Port Angeles, Washington
- Clallam County, Washington
- Heritage Quest Research Library - Sumner, WA ;
- County Genealogical Library Research Center
- Washington State Government
- Washington State Digital Archives
- Washington State Genealogical Society
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 5 October 2014, at 19:29.
- This page has been accessed 3,604 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki