Port Orford Indian Agency (Oregon)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Indian Tribes Associated With This Agency
Twelve bands of Indians referred to collectively as the To-To-Tin Indians.
The Port Orford Agency was established by 1854 at Port Orford, Oregon. At its creation, it was reponsible for the Indians south of Coos Bay and west of the Coast Mountain Range consisting of twelve bands of a group referred to as the To-To-Tin Indians.
The agency was not in existence long, as most of the Indians of Oregon were concentrated to reservations following the Rogue River War of the late 1850s.
- ↑ Annual Report of the Commissioner of Indian Affairs... 1854, pp. 286-292 -- Report No. 95, submitted by J.L. Parrish, 10 July 1854.
- ↑ Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974, p. 125
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974.
- Historical Sketches for Jurisdictional and Subject Headings Used for the Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880. National Archives Microcopy T1105.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online
- "Accompanying Pamphlet for Microcopy 1011", National Archives Microfilm Publications, Appendix.
- This page was last modified on 8 April 2009, at 06:02.
- This page has been accessed 629 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page