Portal Talk:ItalyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Hope you like the new colors. davide 03:33, 12 August 2008 (UTC)
I appreciate your changing them back. Just out of curiosity, are you of Italian descent?
colors were rather blinding
The colors were rather blinding and not the colors of the Italian flag. I'd prefer to keep the portal page the way it was so that it is similar to the other portal pages. I don't want to sound ungrateful because I appreciate the "wikify" help that you do - but I believe portal pages should be more uniform. Thanks.
Sorry about that
I was aiming for Italian flag colors, but maybe color design is not my forte. Back to the original colors.
davide 22:32, 12 August 2008 (UTC)
- I use this page on Wikipedia to get hex numbers for colors http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colors Maybe this will help? Molliewog 21:17, 21 August 2008 (UTC)
- Great page. I just noticed that the following page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Flag_of_Italy.svg list the actual colors as (green Pantone 17-6153 rendered as RGB 0 141 70)(white Pantone 11-0601 rendered as RGB 255 255 255)( red Pantone 18-1662 rendered as RGB 210 35 44). But for now I will stick to just cleaning up and editing. davide 21:49, 21 August 2008 (UTC)
I uploaded the following image for the front page a number of days ago. Image:480px-Italy map with regions numbered.svg.png Can I have a progress report please on when it will be available davide 22:54, 12 August 2008 (UTC)
- Picture added to front page davide 14:10, 29 August 2008 (UTC)
L'Aquila State Archive building destroyed in 6 April 2009 earthquake.
Could not find a good place among the pages for Italy to indicate this apparent significant record loss in L'Aquila. A blogger has posted before and after photos of the building, you can see for yourself what became of the place. Hopefully they will be able to salvage some records from the place, as fortunately the place didn't burn after the quake.
- This page was last modified on 2 November 2009, at 16:30.
- This page has been accessed 808 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News