Portland (disambiguation)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This disambiguation page lists articles about places with the same name.|
Portland often refers to:
Portland may also refer to:
The Portland-Vancouver, Oregon-Washington, Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA), also known as the Portland metropolitan area or Greater Portland, is an urban area in the U.S. states of Oregon and Washington centered around the city of Portland, Oregon. The U.S. Census Bureau's definition for the MSA is currently all of the following counties: Clackamas County, Oregon, Multnomah County, Oregon, Washington County, Oregon, Yamhill County, Oregon, Clark County, Washington, and Skamania County, Washington. The Washington counties are separated from Oregon by the Columbia River.
The Oregon portion of the metropolitan area is the state's largest urban center. Portions of this are under the jurisdiction of Metro, a directly-elected regional government which, among other things, is responsible for land use planning in the region.
Before the recent redefinition of metropolitan boundaries, the Portland Consolidated Metropolitan Area included the Salem Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Major cities in the region in addition to Portland include Beaverton, Gresham, Hillsboro in Oregon, and Vancouver in Washington. The area also includes the smaller cities of Damascus, Gladstone, King City, Lake Oswego, Milwaukie, Oregon City, Sherwood, Tigard, Troutdale, Tualatin, West Linn, Wilsonville in Oregon, as well as Battle Ground, Camas, and Washougal in Washington.
It includes the unincorporated suburban communities in Oregon of Aloha, Beavercreek, Clackamas, Dunthorpe, Garden Home, Raleigh Hills, and West Slope. (source: Wikipedia/Greater Portland)
- Portland, New South Wales, a small town with the first Australian cement works
- Cape Portland, Tasmania, a cape on the north-eastern tip of Tasmania
- Portland, Victoria a small regional city and port
- Portland Canal, an inlet between southeastern Alaska and British Columbia
- Portland, Ontario a small town north of Kingston, Ontario
- Portland Street, a popular business and shopping street in Hong Kong
- Portland, Jamaica, a parish on Jamaica's north-east coast
- Portland Point, Jamaica's southernmost point
- Portland, Northland, a small town south of Whangarei
- Portland Island, New Zealand, a small island off the Mahia Peninsula
- Isle of Portland, a peninsula on the coast of Dorset, the origin of the name
- Portland (HM Prison), a prison for male young offenders in the village of Easton, on the Isle of Portland, Dorset
- Portland College, an education establishment in the county of Nottinghamshire
- Portland, Arkansas
- Portland, Fremont County, Colorado
- Portland, Ouray County, Colorado
- Portland, Connecticut
- Portland, Indiana
- Portland, Adair County, Kentucky
- Portland, a neighborhood and former town in Louisville, Kentucky
- Portland, Maine
- Portland, Michigan
- Portland, Missouri
- Portland, New York
- Portland, North Dakota
- Portland, Ohio
- Portland, Oregon
- Portland, Pennsylvania
- Portland, Tennessee
- Portland, Texas
- Portland, Dodge County, Wisconsin
- Portland, Monroe County, Wisconsin
- Portland, a proposed city adjacent to Blue Island, Illinois and later incorporated into it.
- Portland, a former name for Fountain, Indiana
- Battle of Portland, a sea battle off the Isle of Portland, England in 1653
- Battle of Portland Harbor, a naval battle of the American Civil War
- This page was last modified on 1 June 2009, at 19:47.
- This page has been accessed 656 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page