Portsmouth Family History Centre, HampshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
This Centre covers the South Hampshire/Chichester area including Portsmouth, Southampton, Winchester and Chichester.
Centre Contacts and Hours
- Kingston Crescent Portsmouth Hampshire England PO2 8AQ United Kingdom
- This is part of the building across the road from Portsmouth Police Station.
- Turn down Gamble Road by the pizza shop then first right into Garfield Road and you will find the car park on your right. There is a bell next to the back door to ring for access, and the phone number.
- +44 0 239-269 6243. If no answer, try mobile 07940-502241.
- Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday: 10:00am-1:00pm.
Holiday Schedule: We are closed for the whole of August 2014 to give our staff their first break since we reopened eighteen moths ago.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. This includes Ancestry.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have four computers, four microfilm readers, a microfiche reader, printer and scanner.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Centre
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 26 October 2014, at 23:06.
- This page has been accessed 1,273 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More