Portugal Emigration and ImmigrationEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Portugal Emigration and Immigration
Portugal Passenger Lists
From around 1836-1976 the Azores was split into three districts:
- Angra do Heroismo: consisting of Terceira, Sao Jorge & Graciosa
- Horta: consisting of Pico Faial, Flores & Corvo
- Ponta Delgada: consisting of Sao Miguel & Santa Maria
It is my understanding that for this time period all passports on the Azores were issued through one of these three districts. The Government of the Azores has a digital collection consisting of passports issued at Ponta Delgada on this web site:
- Immigrant Ancestors Project
- Portugal Seeks Balance of Emigration, Immigration
- Emigração e população em finais do século XIX. A miragem do Brasil no concelho da Meda (1889-1896)
Wiki articles describing online collections are found at:
- Portugal, Aveiro Passport Registers (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Portugal, Coimbra Passport Registers (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Portugal, Leiria Passport Registers (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|This Portugal-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
- This page was last modified on 8 July 2014, at 20:14.
- This page has been accessed 2,583 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More