Portugal Emigration and ImmigrationEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Portugal Emigration and Immigration
Portugal Passenger Lists
From around 1836-1976 the Azores was split into three districts:
- Angra do Heroismo: consisting of Terceira, Sao Jorge & Graciosa
- Horta: consisting of Pico Faial, Flores & Corvo
- Ponta Delgada: consisting of Sao Miguel & Santa Maria
It is my understanding that for this time period all passports on the Azores were issued through one of these three districts. The Government of the Azores has a digital collection consisting of passports issued at Ponta Delgada on this web site:
- Immigrant Ancestors Project
- Portugal Seeks Balance of Emigration, Immigration
- Emigração e população em finais do século XIX. A miragem do Brasil no concelho da Meda (1889-1896)
Wiki articles describing online collections are found at:
- Portugal, Aveiro Passport Registers (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Portugal, Coimbra Passport Registers (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Portugal, Leiria Passport Registers (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|This Portugal-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
- This page was last modified on 8 July 2014, at 20:14.
- This page has been accessed 2,532 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page