Poundstock, CornwallEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Poundstock, Cornwall family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
St Winwaloe, Poundstock Cornwall
|Poor Law Union||Stratton PLU|
|Parish registers: 1614|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1597|
|Rural Deanery||Trigg Major|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall|
|Location of Archive|
|Cornwall Record Office|
POUNDSTOCK (St. Neot), a parish, in the union of Stratton, hundred of Lesnewth, E. division of Cornwall, 5½ miles (S. S. W.) from Stratton. 
Poundstock St Winwaloe is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cornwall.Other places in the parish include: Bangors and Widemouth Bay.
Poundstock hamlet and its church with a battlemented tower houses a ring of six bells, rehung in 2000. Next to the church, Poundstock Gildhouse is a well-preserved late medieval church house, the only surviving one of its kind in Cornwall. It has been used continuously since it was built and is a Grade I listed building.
Births, marriages and deaths were kept by the government from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is Free BMD.
Poundstock, Cornwall parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Poundstock, Cornwall Parish Online Records|
Images of parish registers are available online at FamilySearch Images refer to Cornwall Record Office reference: P 193/1/1-12
Cornwall Online Parish Clerks
An extremely useful resource is the Cornwall Online Parish Clerks page for the parish.
The history, registers and much more have been contributed by the Online Parish clerk for Poundstock.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241262.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Cornwall Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
There are many maps and gazetteers showing English places. Valuable web sites are:
- England Jurisdictions 1851
- Vision of Britain
Poundstock in GENUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 602-605. Date accessed: 20 March 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Coverage by Parish,' Cornwall Online Parish Clerks, accessed 3 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Baptisms', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Marriages', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Burials', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 18 November 2013.
- ↑ 'England, Cornwall and Devon Parish Registers, 1538-2010', FamilySearch, accessed 26 November 2013.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Cornwall, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 22 November 2013.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- This page was last modified on 15 August 2014, at 15:55.
- This page has been accessed 1,273 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki