Prince Edward Island Court RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Court records can often provide historical information about individuals. The court records at the Public Archives and Records Office include the following:
- Chancery Court records (1794–1940)
- Minutes of Bankruptcy Court (1903–1921)
- Small Debt Court records (1811–1868)
- Supreme Court records (1780–1940)
The Family History Library has:
Prince Edward Island. Court of Chancery. Court Records, 1793–1934. [Charlottetown, P.E.I.]: Microfilmed by the Public Archives of Prince Edward Island, 1979-1980. (Family History Library films 1630150–51.) The Library also has The Loppinot Papers, 1687–1710, which are important genealogical abstracts of the earliest notarial records for the province of Acadia:
Loppinot, Jean Chrysostome. The Loppinot papers, 1687-1710 : genealogical abstracts of the earliest notarial records for the province of Acadia. Ville Platte, Louisiana: W. De Ville, c1991. (Family History Library book 971.5 N38L.) Includes a surname index.
- This page was last modified on 28 September 2011, at 00:44.
- This page has been accessed 1,308 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki