Prince Edward Island Probate RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Probate records such as wills and administrations can be important sources for such information as names of family members, death dates, and relationships. Probate records 1807–1920 are at:
- Public Archives and Records Office
- P.O. Box 1000
- Charlottetown, PE C1A 7M4
- Telephone: 902-368-4290
- Fax: 902-368-6327
After 1920 probate records are held at the provincial courthouse.
Although there are a few wills from the 1700s, most wills begin around 1800. All wills and administrations are indexed. Applications for guardianship are listed by the name of the administrator. There are no executor bonds. The Family History Library has:
- Prince Edward Island. Court of Probate. Probate Records, 1807–1901. Salt Lake City: Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 1971. (On 10 FHL films beginning with 861200.) These are films of records in the courthouse at Charlottetown. They include indexes and copies of wills.
- This page was last modified on 30 January 2015, at 23:03.
- This page has been accessed 1,328 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More