Prince Georges Parish, Prince Georges, MarylandEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Prince George's Parish has served Prince George's County. Christ Church, also known as Rock Creek Chapel, served parishioners as a chapel of ease (it became a separate parish, Rock Creek Parish, in 1830).
Provincial Census of August 31, 1776, Prince George's County: St. John's and Prince George's Parishes (89 pages of facsimile reproductions) is available online, see pages 1-89 and index in:
- Brumbaugh, Gaius Marcus. Maryland Records: Colonial, Revolutionary, County and Church from Original Sources. Vol. 1. Baltimore, Md.: Williams & Wilkins Company, 1915. Digital version at Google Books.
- Protestant Episcopal (Church of England), St. John's Church, King George's Parish (aka Piscataway Parish, St. John's Parish), includes: parish registers 1689-1878 and vestry minutes 1693-1823
- Christ Episcopal Church, The Historical Marker Database
- Christ Episcopal Church, Vestrymen Arrested, The Historical Marker Database
- This page was last modified on 8 March 2011, at 00:57.
- This page has been accessed 1,437 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page