Provo YSA 19th Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Check below for updates on events and find opportunities to serve yourself and others by participating in family history research! Come and have fun with us!
Open Hours: Sunday - from 10am–4pm (Sunday Ward Schedule Below)
Tuesday - 7-9 pm
Wednesdays - 7–9pm with an Institute Class Being Held from 7:30 - 8:30 (other patrons are still welcome during Institute hour)
The Family History Center is in the middle of the building on the east side. On Sundays you can enter through any of the doors. If you come at a time with the building has no other meetings going on you may enter on the east side of the builing through the door labeled Family History.
Please contact the Family History Center Director during one of the above times to schedule an appointment at a time outside our regularly scheduled hours.
COLLECTIONS CAN BE ORDERED
- " FamilySearch Catalog. This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
DATABASES & SOFTWARE
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
RESOURCES & EQUIPMENT
- We have several computers, microfilm readers, printers, tables to help with your family history research.
LOCAL AREA RESOURCES
- Brigham Young University also has many resources in the library if you can't seem to find what you are looking for in our center. Ask a FHC worker if you have any questions.
OUR STAKE GOALS
- Using your name and member number, register for a familysearch account.
- Link yourself to your family in the family tree section of FamilySearch.
- Help yourself and others accss family records by indexing 200 names.
- Learn one story about each of your parents, grandparents, and great grandparents.
- Help an individual ancestor recieved the greatest blessing by preparing their n ame for the temple. This can be done at FamilySearch.org and click on the Family Tree.
SUNDAY MEETING SCHEDULE
|10:00–10:20am||Open Lab|| |
|10:20–11:00am||Married Student 26th||Vawdrey|
|10:50–11:30am||Married Student 21st||Wolz|
|12:50–1:30pm||Provo City 2nd||Bertelsen|
|2:50–3:30pm||Provo City 1st||Bills|
- This page was last modified on 24 June 2015, at 01:16.
- This page has been accessed 1,632 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News