Prussia-Hessen-Nassau HistoryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
• 1567 Wilhelm I inherited Hessen-Kassel, about ½ of the land owned by his father
• Added in after 1648: duchy of Hersfeld, part of Schaumburg
• 1736 Hanau –Muenzenberg added
• 1776 – over 19,000 soldiers sold to British for use in America
• 1803 Kurhessen
• 1807 conquered by Napoleon and added to Kingdom of Westphalia
• 1813 Jerome fled, Kingdom of Westphalia dissolved
• 1866 to Hessen-Nassau under Prussian control
Here is a link to the history of Hessen-Nassau
- This page was last modified on 13 May 2013, at 14:58.
- This page has been accessed 528 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More