Prussia-Hessen-Nassau HistoryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
• 1567 Wilhelm I inherited Hessen-Kassel, about ½ of the land owned by his father
• Added in after 1648: duchy of Hersfeld, part of Schaumburg
• 1736 Hanau –Muenzenberg added
• 1776 – over 19,000 soldiers sold to British for use in America
• 1803 Kurhessen
• 1807 conquered by Napoleon and added to Kingdom of Westphalia
• 1813 Jerome fled, Kingdom of Westphalia dissolved
• 1866 to Hessen-Nassau under Prussian control
Here is a link to the history of Hessen-Nassau
- This page was last modified on 13 May 2013, at 14:58.
- This page has been accessed 469 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki